Security, Productivity Part of New Mobility Platform
Cloud solution company Synchronoss has announced the general availability of its Secure Mobility Platform (SMP) – the combination of a highly secure application container and integrated productivity suite that together improves the productivity and performances of enterprise mobile workforces, the company explains.
Designed and built using secure enterprise mobility technology contributed by Goldman Sachs, Synchronoss SMP consists of:
• Synchronoss Lagoon – a secure device container which encrypts the enterprise’s data on the device and over the air
• Synchronoss Orbit - a collection of productivity apps within Lagoon, designed with the optimum balance between usability and security
Synchronoss’ SMP is now generally available as an on-premise solution, satisfying stringent security requirements for highly-regulated industries like Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Legal.
“Orbit and Lagoon have created significant value and efficiency at Goldman Sachs and our clients. We are excited that this solution will be extended to other enterprise users through the Synchronoss Secure Mobility Platform,” said Don Duet, global head of the Technology Division at Goldman Sachs.
The Secure Mobility Platform provides a software development kit (SDK) approach for integrating internally developed and third party applications into the secure application container while including Personal Information Management (PIM) features. Synchronoss is also pleased to announce it has completed agreements with key partners focused on integrating with and promoting the Synchronoss Secure Mobility Platform including:
• Box – A leading enterprise content management platform - integration for secure file sharing
• Symphony – A secure cloud-based communications service platform - integration for secure messaging
• Samsung Electronics – A leading global device manufacturer. Synchronoss SMP leverages the Samsung Knox platform which provides Samsung device users unparalleled protection and security. Together, Synchronoss SMP and Samsung Knox provide corporate customers a more compelling solution to address the security requirements of the enterprise while protecting the privacy of individuals
“Synchronoss SMP is designed to solve a different problem entirely from Mobile Device Management, which simply make applications and data available on devices. SMP puts productivity and usability first in the way it delivers applications and provides the intelligence with which to improve individual workflows and make employees more productive,” explained Dave Schuette, EVP & President, Enterprise Business, Synchronoss. “We are honored to provide our SMP solutions to our clients and to provide meaningful long-term value. In addition to the list of partners announced today, we look forward to continuing the expansion of our Enterprise business unit and its reach into new markets.”