The mCommerce Exchange 2014 Event Summary
Last week, 1 - 2 April, Enterprise Mobility Exchange held the first annual mCommerce Exchange at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The inaugural event was a great success, playing host to 60 hand-selected CMOs, CIOs, VPs and Directors of Mobile, Digital, Social, Marketing, mCommerce, eCommerce and IT from enterprises across the USA and Canada, for a unique opportunity to learn from and network with the very best in the business.
Over the course of the Exchange, leading case studies, debates and discussions were held by globally-revered organisations such as CNN, Lexis Nexis, Kellogg's, T-Mobile USA, Philips, and many more.
The structure of the event consisted of the following topical focuses:
- Developing an mCommerce strategy that will support rapid growth projections
- Driving increased customer acquisition and building more personable relationships with your customers through effective mobile marketing
- Overcoming mobile adoption barriers by driving deeper engagement with your customers
- Implement best practice in combining loyalty programs with push notifications, geolocation and augmented reality
- Leveraging existing eCommerce systems by developing mobile-specific features such as location-based services and near-field communications
- Navigating the rapidly evolving mCommerce technology landscape
Among these ground-breaking thought leadership sessions were two innovative and dynamic presentations from Adam Silverman, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, and Manish Jha, General Manager - Mobile, the NFL.
Utilising Multichannel to Engage your Customers, Forrester Research
In his presentation, Adam Silverman went into great depth regarding why multichannel is now a customer imperative, and discussed how to devise a successful multichannel engagement strategy.
Forrester expect 52% of all US sales in 2014 to be influenced by, or occur online, with 57% of mobile phone users aged 18 - 24 having researched a product online whilst shopping in a store. As a result of such guidance, retailers must accommodate the contextual direction mobile devices can provide for customers in their decision making processes, and adapt to meet the increasing demand for optimum relevancy and convenience from the users.
Source: Forrester Research, Inc. 2014
Implementing a Frictionless Loyalty Program with Push Notifications, Geolocation and Augmented Reality, NFL
With over 20 million users last season, mobile is the fastest growing platform for the NFL. The NFL's mobile services focus on contextually-aware technology which optimises the features of their devices and apps. A key component of this is real-time, personalised information and content, which provides a tailored and fully relevant experience for all users.
The capabilities of the NFL's mobile channels are exceptional, allowing users to become fully immersed in the activity which is most interesting to them, through a number of different channels, as it happens.
Source: National Football League, 2014