Fairfield University CIO: "Don't Underestimate the Importance of Mobility Within Any Environment"
Interview with Paige Francis, CIO of Fairfield University, about her role and the unique aspects of mobility within higher education.
Paige Francis is the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for Fairfield University in Fairfield, Connecticut. She is a strategic and performance-focused executive with 15+ years of innovative, energetic technology leadership across a variety of industries, including hospitality, tax software/finance and higher education.
Francis is an expert in defining and implementing strategic priorities for applying technology in any environment, rallying consensus, fostering teamwork and collaboration, and creating a constant learning environment at the pace of technology. She has been named as one of Computerworld's Premier 100 IT Leaders in 2014 and Huffington Post’s Top 50 Most Social CIOs.
In this podcast Paige discusses:
- Her role as the first CIO of Fairfield University and how she has developed the mobility strategy at the university, particularly in the past year
- The importance of having a mobile-first mentality
- The unique challenges and opportunities of mobility within higher education
- Her greatest success with mobility in her career thus far
- Fairfield University’s mobility focus and developments for the next 12-18 months
- Her ultimate piece of advice for fellow mobility leaders to help them leverage the benefits and advantages of mobile technology within higher education