Member Spotlight: Kevin Baradet Of Cornell University
10 Fascinating Things About Cornell University's Senior Director of Graduate Infrastructure And Technology
Kevin Baradet has served as the senior director of graduate infrastructure and technology at Cornell University for two and a half years. Although Baradet is currently planning new facilities and upgrades to existing technologies, he took the time to participate in Enterprise Mobility Exchange's member spotlight.
1. Best technology ever invented ? Toss-up between RPN calculators, laser eye surgery, and multi-bladed pocket knives.
2. The job I would be terrible at: Wallpaper hanging. I don't have the patience to match patterns and edges properly.
3. The fad or trend I hope comes back? Real prizes in Cracker Jack boxes.
4. Irrational fear? Don't have any irrational ones. They are all rational; it is just that some of them have a very low probability of occurrence.
5. If I could only eat one meal for the rest of my life, it would be: Lamb shish-kebabs, rice pilaf, Caesar salad, and sweet potatoes.
6. Last book I read: "The Thirst" by Jo Nesbø and "The Trespasser" by Tana French. I'm on a Nordic noir/foreign police mystery/procedural trek at the moment.
7. The most useless product around today: Banana slicer.
8. If I could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, I would have a good chance at winning a medal for: Device Charging or losing Bluetooth earpieces.
9. The business/technology buzzword I am most tired of hearing is: Synergy.
10. Oldest Gadget I still use? HP 25C and HP 41CV calculators.