Member Spotlight: Ryan Fay Of ACI Specialty Benefits
10 Things That Might Surprise You About ACI Specialty Benefits’ Global CIO
Ryan Fay is the EVP Strategy and Global Chief Information Officer for ACI Specialty Benefits. In his current role, he oversees his organization’s global business and technology strategy. He also received numerous prestigious awards and honors in the industry. Fay recently took the time to answer some questions in Enterprise Mobility Exchange's Member Spotlight.
1. Android or iOS? Although Google is killing the official OS Android for a new(er) OS, I am an Android and iOS user. I am currently using the Pixel 3 XL and many iOS devices. I like Android as I have never liked being limited by the manufacturer to what can and cannot be ran on my phone. If you are going to track my location, at least let me run a few apps and change some settings to my liking. I also travel a lot for work, and think the Pixel has the best camera available today.
2. Favorite free time activity? Roasting coffee. I have become obsessed with the way that subtle changes make such a difference in the cup. I currently roast for friends and family, but at some point, I’d like to sell to the public.
3. How many years in your current role? I have spent almost four years in my current role as Global CIO, and nine years with the company.
4. Current #1 work initiative is: To bring interoperability and connectivity between all business units, functions, processes, and activities. Having an interconnected workforce allows for optimization and performance gains throughout the enterprise, thus creating a competitive advantage.
5. If I could travel in time, it would be to: The year 3000 so I can have the opportunity to travel to a populated Mars. According to Elon Musk’s Mars Plan, folks should be on colonizing around 2025. This will give folks time to make the long trip and set up a civilization. Knowing what that looks like would be very exciting.
6. The most enjoyable part of my job is: Being able to talk with folks from all different backgrounds with all different ideas about how to make ACI great. A diverse team is a great team!
7. The fad or trend I hope comes back: Work/life balance.
8. If I could only eat one meal for the rest of my life, it would be: A breakfast burrito.
9. Last book I read: “Choose Yourself” by James Altucher and Dick Costolo.
10. Oldest gadget I still use: My brain.
See Related: Member Spotlight: Divyang Bhatt Of IQVIA